About the Curriculum
Our core curriculum is made up of English and maths, taught primarily in the mornings.
The English curriculum consists of reading, writing and GPS (Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling). In order to assess our pupils, writing at distance is taught through science and our foundation subjects, using English based units in other areas of the curriculum. English lessons are planned through the School Improvement Liverpool plans.
In maths, children cover: number, measure, geometry and statistic units, focusing on children’s fluency, reasoning and problem-solving skills. Maths is also woven into foundation subjects through science and the learning challenge curriculum. Maths lessons are taught through School Improvement Liverpool and MathsHUBS White Rose Mastery plans.
The curriculum we teach is built around the National Curriculum programmes of study and aims. As a Catholic school, we also teach the ‘Come and See’ Religious Education Programme as well as SRE programme ‘Journey of Love’.
- develops the whole person – values, attitudes, knowledge, skills and understanding
- is broad, balanced and has clear progression in subject knowledge and skills
- develops childrens’ knowledge and understanding of modern-cultural Britain and our diverse community
- is filled with rich first-hand purposeful experiences and uses expertise beyond the classroom
- teaches children about the developing world, environment and society we live
- is flexible and responsive to individual needs and interests.